This blog is dedicated to Todd and Travis,
our two favorite Bachelor Geeks.
They inspire us in our own geekiness.
May they live long and prosper. Nanoo Nanoo.

Embroidered LEGO technical specifications

From: http://www.innergeek.us/blog
Written by Yvette

While we’re on the topic of geeky needlecraft, I challenge you to find something of greater awesomeness than this: tech specs for a standard LEGO figure, hand-embroidered onto fabric.

Embroidered LEGO tech specs

The only thing that could make it better is if it were stitched from hobbit hairs that had been gently caressed by Wil Wheaton.

I award 1 point for LEGO, 1 point for clever tech specs, and 1 point for geek craft. 3 points of awesomeness for Cross-stitch ninja, who gets a bonus kajillion points because of the other cool stuff that she has on her Flickr photostream. True, it’s not all cross-stitch. But the fact that she stitched the entire second world map from Super Mario Bros 3 (finished size is 59 x 18 cm, which I think is about the size of a football field! Okay, not really, but it’s still HUGE for a cross-stitch) gives her kudos of the highest regard in my book.

Super Mario Bros 3 - map of world 2 - in cross-stitch

Cross-stitch ninja, if you’re out there, will you be my friend? Because I kind of have a giant crafter crush on you. I’ll do my best to not make it awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment